Wednesday 9 March 2016

MA Week 20 - reflection on the week


Lots of exciting making this week!

I finished my cardboard pieces. I really liked the colours and textures that emerged. The collaged  laser cut pieces gave the idea of my presence in my creative work. The collaged photos gave a kind of industrial, yesteryear black and white-ness that appealed to me.  The mixed media worked well; the compressed charcoal toned down the acrylic colours and gave a kind of mucky, industrial feel, which was just what I was thinking. I would like to work more with textured grounds and also perhaps with a series of pieces.

Armley 2
 
I also laser cut lots of heads and worked them up into an image of increasing intensity. This was an it that had its roots in something that someone mentioned at the crit. It is a depiction of the increasing intensity of this term on the MA!

Stress levels increase in proportion to proximity to deadline
 

I also spent a day working on my etching plate. It's a simple drawing, but the black etching ink brings out the industrial quality of the subject matter and the inherent dirt. I worked on differential inking of the plate and this gave convincing results. I really liked working with the plate and this is something I would like to do more of.


Thinking about inking
 
Other than that I am up against it for the module deadline and I am on micro-management. The overall plan is booted out in favour of detailed lists that must be achieved for delivery. Time is very tight, so I'd better stop blogging and go get on with my creative journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment