Wednesday 14 September 2016

MA Year 2 - restarting


 
Unbelievable that the first year is already over (and that I passed it!). I haven’t had much of a break, to be honest, as I’ve been reading, writing, powerpointing and rehearsing ahead of the “Grim up North?” symposium on September 16th. I haven’t read nearly as much as I would like, but I have read a bit around sense of place, psychogeography and constructs of Northnness. I’ll write up some critical reflections on these in due course.
 

I’m also thinking about my dissertation. I think its subject matter is going to be similar to that of the Symposium presentation, but with a wider focus. I need to think more about the idea of chance encounters within the built environment and what theory (-ies) can underpin that. I can see the dissertation taking up most of my “art” time up until Christmas but I need to think about fitting in an hour or two of visual practice each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment