Monday 1 February 2016

MA Week 15 - Public art and solar plates


This week I went to a Public Art Workshop. I’ve also printed the solar plates I did last week.
 
Solar sheep
 
The sheep one didn’t work out as I’d over-developed it, but the tree one worked OK. It took a bit of time to get the right amount of ink and the right pressure on the press, but overall I was quite pleased. I printed them both in green then did the tree one in black, which I think worked better.

Solar Trees

These prints ended up in an impromptu crit in class on Friday while we were looking at the posters, as I had left them overnight to dry and went up to the Print Room for them first thing Friday. I was put on the spot! I’d already looked at them myself and though, “what next”, but decided I didn’t need to answer that question immediately. Perhaps overprinting, trying a chine collé, drawing into them… other suggestions from classmates were exposing another plate with some tissue or thin fabric to give texture/interest and putting a tiny image of myself into them. I also need to consider subject matter, although I do like this image of trees. Trees seem to be appearing in my work… oh well, I think I can get away with experimenting for another week or so before I have to try to come up with some coherent excuses for what I’m doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment