Monday 20 March 2017

MA Week 61 - Difficult times


Reflection on the past three weeks, 20th March 2017


I made it to the MMU PGR conference on 22nd February, met lots of interesting people, had lots of feedback both there and in college, and then basically spent the next two weeks with various minor ailments. Then last week I was away. This means I’ve had an enforced three-week break from the course, and I’m very behind with this blog, but I've just started to play catch-up with this week 56 post about the work for MMU and two very interesting print exhibitions in London.

I’ve always tried to get as much out of this course as possible and that has meant putting in a lot of hours on both written and visual work. I’ve now realised that stepping away from it for a while is also sometimes necessary. I had the good fortune to bump into a friend who recently finished her MA at a different institution and she confirmed that there are times when it’s more productive to step away than to keep going. This was really helpful as I’d got so much feedback from the MMU work that I had too many ideas and potential directions spinning around in my head. I now feel a lot clearer with what I will do and what I’d like to do if time somehow permits. I also need to pace myself better (famous last words!). 

I’ll catch up the blog bit by bit, but the rest of this evening is going to be spent planning for the next month or so, including contingency options as the print room quite often doesn’t seem to be available at the same time as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment